1- Distance MBA in Pune
2- Distance MBA in Delhi
As any form of education, colleges of any kind have experienced an overwhelming phenomenon – distance learning, that practically gave new dimensions to education and have expand horizons for college students. Distance education colleges are incredibly popular today. There are not so many differences between conventional college attendance and distance studying programs. When attending a traditional college, the attendance is mandatory. Distance learning courses are not so restrictive because students have opted for flexible classes and assessments.
3- Distance MBA in Hyderabad
As with any form of education, colleges of any kind have experienced an overwhelming phenomenon – distance learning, that practically gave new dimensions to education and have expand horizons for college students. Distance education colleges are incredibly popular today. There are not so many differences between conventional college attendance and distance studying programs. When attending a traditional college, the attendance is mandatory. Distance learning courses are not so restrictive because students have opted for flexible classes and assessments.
4- Distance MBA in Mumbai
Long-distance MBA in India
Distance education is oftentimes referred to as “Distance Learning” as well, and is simply defined as “a field of education focusing on the andragogy and pedagogy, instructional systems, and technology which endeavor to deliver an education to students who are not physically in a classroom or campus setting.” In its simplest terms, it means earning a degree online.
The use of electronic (i.e. computers) and printed media enable the student to pursue their education without attending classes on a college or university campus. They are enabled to communicate and study at the times they select, through various technologies that allow them to interact in real time and through many different ways using the internet.
Additionally, distance education courses do not require any physical presence on-site for reasons inclusive of taking examinations that are considered to be blended or hybrid courses of study.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Distance Learning
Naturally, there are advantages and disadvantages to distance education degree programs. However, contrary to varied beliefs and opinions, the distance education advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
The Advantages of distance learning are:
1. It requires no commuting – therefore saving you money and time
2. You complete most of the classes at your own pace – no pressure
3. You can live anywhere in the world, study from anywhere in the world, and pursue your choice of distance education course studies
4. Gain extra knowledge while you are learning – taking those computer and internet skills you gain and then applying them to other facets of your life
5. The self-paced learning environment can be taken advantage of by the quickest or the slowest of learners – increases the satisfaction level while reducing stress in the process
6. Accessibility factors – distance education courses address the physical accessibility issues that people with mobility problems oftentimes encounter while being enrolled in the traditional on-campus classes
Unfortunately, you can’t discuss the advantages of distance education without covering the disadvantages. These disadvantages are the following:
7. Sometimes the technology is complex and costly – despite the numerous opportunities of distance education, there are always accompanying costs
8. Advance planning is necessary – both the instructors and the students oftentimes need to make sacrifices scheduling the times to get things done
9. Beware of hidden costs – If you’re in naval branch of the military for example, and you are out at sea, how do you receive your study materials?
10. Distance learning does not offer immediate feedback – in the traditional classroom setting, the student’s performance is immediately assessed, whereas with distance education, the student has to wait for feedback while the instructor is reviewing their work
11. Distance learning does not always offer all the necessary courses online – students pursuing specific certificates or degrees may not be afforded all the necessary courses that are available through distance education programs so some programs are not suited for all course of study.
12. Distance learning may not be acknowledged by all employers – granted, most employers will acknowledge distance education, but there are some who don’t
13. Distance learning does not give students the opportunity to work on oral communication skills – students in distance education courses do not always get to engage in verbal interaction with fellow students and professors
14. Social Isolation – more often than not, you study alone and distance learning students often times feel isolated and miss the social interaction that accompanies the traditional classroom on campus